Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Mark Tweet

Mark Twain once tweeted, "Quitting smoking's easy. I've done it a hundred times."

In a somewhat similar fashion, I think I was addicted to withdrawl for several years after college. Each weekend, I'd chew a can of Copenhagen. Each Monday, I'd swear it off, sweat it out, be clean by Thursday evening, and then, well, you know . . . but those days are long behind me now.

Anybody else an expert at quitting something?

I've gotten a couple of noble suggestions for this deal, but I'm going to keep asking: does anybody want a partner-in-resolution this New Year? It doesn't have to be anything ground-breaking, or even anything that seems life-changing up front. Also, it's going to be very difficult for me to give up hard drugs as I haven't tried any yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment