Monday, December 12, 2011

Congratulations Are on the Way

Okay, so I think this will be a good project for a number of reasons. First off, misery loves company, pleasure loves company, hell, company loves company some times, and a number of resolutions will bring a combination of those things.

Beyond that, having someone else to encourage and celebrate even the most mundane event makes that event seem worthwhile.

There are other reasons, but I want to be clear about this: I like positive feedback. This will be a place where at least a few people will congratulate us on a regular basis for sticking to our promises. It'll be fun. It'll be rewarding. People will like us. Email me.

For the blog, you can be anonymous if you want -- I'm excellent at keeping secrets -- or I'll call you The Jackal, and, no, not just because I'm reading The Day of the Jackal right now.

2 comments:

  1. Here's one: I resolve to use the word "company" (i.e., not in the corporation sense of the word, but in the companion sense of the word) at least once a day. Which should be pretty easy, because I'm saying it out loud every five or ten minutes, usually followed by an ellipsis followed, in turn, by a pause, then a question mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it so far. Company . . . ? -- is this a way to reclaim the language, an attempt to get dates, both, neither, something diabolically clever?

    ReplyDelete