Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cross Training Day

Just for the record, that was not a photograph of Mr. Dort Munder that I shared on yesterday's post. I was not being intentionally misleading, but it occurred to me in retrospect that someone might get the mistaken impression. Apologies for any miscommunication . . . enough said?

Meanwhile. Here we are, rapidly approaching the close of the hardest two weeks of any resolution.

I hope the best for anybody out there who has undertaken a lifestyle change for the new year, and I hope folks are sticking to their resolutions. Either way, if any body has any input, please feel free to comment; let me know how you're doing with your resolutions, or join me in celebrating Dort's continuing resolve.

I did get an email message from Dort's spouse today, saying how pleased she was that he is sticking to this resolution, rather than letting life, work, etc. get in the way. I'm pleased, too. Those are the things, particularly life, that you have to watch out for when you make a resolution.

As for the workouts, Dort has continued his daily routine without faltering a step. Yesterday, I'm excited to say, he went for a 45 minute bike ride to celebrate what looks like the last of some amazingly beautiful January weather. What better way to celebrate! And I think most runners would agree that a weekly bike ride or two is a useful cross-training tool, something to be employed once or twice a week.

Dort's Running Tally:
As of 011 January 2012
Days Running: 9
Minutes Run: 300
Cross Training: 1 day

Today's Quick Tip: Red Tea, drink it.

No comments:

Post a Comment